When made into a flat white with textured milk I tasted that delicious milk chocolate, fruit and nut bar with a smooth texture that was so easy to drink- a real all-rounder coffee that anyone would enjoy.
- 18g in the portafilter basket
- 36g of coffee in the cup
- Between 20-30 seconds (optimum 27 seconds)
- Insert 18g of coffee into portafilter
- Place cup on scale & tare to zero
- Get timer ready
- When you start the espresso extraction, begin timer.
- Stop espresso extraction when hits 36g of coffee in the cup (or just before)
If coffee takes less than 25 seconds to pour, then you need to make the grind size FINER to slow down the flow of water through the coffee.
If coffee takes more than 30 seconds to pour, then you need to make the grind size COARSER to speed up the flow of water through the coffee.
The optimum flavour I found was adjusting the grind size to make the coffee pour in 27 seconds. This gave me a delicious espresso of milk chocolate, cherries, orange and hints of hazelnuts